Skin lesions can be any type of irregularity on the surface of the skin that makes it look or feel different. Most of the time, skin lesions are benign, but they can still be unsightly. To get rid of skin irregularities, you need professional skin care treatment.
Skin irregularities can come in the form of:
- Dysplastic Nevi (atypical moles)
- Skin Tags
- Melasma (skin reddening)
- Actinic Keratoses (overgrowth of horny tissue)
- Actinic Cheilitis (farmer’s lip)
- Cutaneous Horns
- Fibromas (benign fibrous tumors)
- Milias (whiteheads–caused by blocked oil glands)
- Acne Pimples
- Telangiectasia (small, permanently-dilated blood vessels near the surface of the skin)
- Cholesterol Deposits (yellow, soft, raised bumps)
- Clogged Pores
- Spider Naevi (reddish spots with a “spider’s web” appearance radiating out from center)
- Cherry Angiomas (red to purple vascular lesions that appear primarily on the torso)
None of these conditions are desirable, even if they aren’t harmful to your health. Skintastic isn’t a dermatology practice per se, but we do offer the skin care treatments necessary to make skin lesions disappear.
What treatments does Skintastic use to treat skin lesions and other irregularities?
- Lamprobe is the primary treatment Skintastic uses to correct many different types of skin irregularities.
- Fotofacial Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is another treatment used specifically for erasing age spots and freckles.
- The Yag Laser is used to treat vein issues.
- Minor surgical excisions are even employed in certain situations.
What are the benefits of Skintastic’s Lamprobe treatment?
- The outcome of the Lamprobe treatment is immediate and noticeable.
- Only a few seconds are required to treat each lesion with Lamprobe.
- Patients report experiencing minimal discomfort, even without anesthesia.
- Generally, only one skin care treatment is required to fully erase a skin lesion.
Because these lesion removal skin care treatments erase benign skin irregularities, the treatments are considered cosmetic in nature. Therefore, they are not covered by insurance at Skintastic.
To learn more about cosmetic skin care, or to set an appointment for a skin lesion removal, contact us at 972-620-3223. Be sure to join our Facebook and Twitter community to stay updated on a daily basis about the latest cosmetic trends and procedures!